There are simple things you can do to help increase the number of people who “like” your Facebook Page. I’m talking actual people, not buying fans.
As your business page starts to grow and the number of likes increases, a few things will happen.
- Your page will gain more exposure – this happens because when someone likes your page, it will show up in their timeline, making your page visible to everyone on their friend list. This is the same for anything you post that someone likes or comments on.
- Your business will become more credible – Make sure you allow your fans to post recommendations, which will also improve your credibility.
- As your page grows overtime, your business will be at the forefront of people’s minds. You will start to build a loyal fan base who will not only share your page, but will give you feedback and answer questions you pose.
Here are a few simple ways to increase your LIKES:
1. Thank each new fan who likes your page. This is the first step in creating page engagement and building a “social relationship”. Just this one simple step can make a difference with that person continuing to interact with your page and suggesting it to their friends.
2. Like a new fan’s Facebook Page in return if they have one. What better way to say thank you then helping their numbers grow too.
3. List your Facebook Page as your employer on your personal profile.
4. If you use other social networks, suggest to your followers on those sites that they connect with you on your Facebook Page too. Make sure you provide the link, not just the name of your page.
5. Join groups that carry discussions where you can post the link to your Facebook Page. You post yours, you get more likes, but you need to take the time to return the favor!
6. Invite new Facebook friends to like your page once a week.
7. Include the link to your Facebook Page in your email signature.
8. Run competitions or promotions.
9. If you have a blog or a website, make sure you have the Facebook Like Boxor the “LIKE US” image. This makes it super easy for a reader to like your page without having to leave what they’re reading to jump on Facebook.
10. Create a page that can only be seen if someone likes your page.
11. Offer a discount or coupon if someone likes your page. Everyone likes to save money!
12. Like other businesses pages from both your page and your personal profile and post an introduction on their page.
13. Use your Facebook Page everyday, whether it’s to post photos, news, information, or tips relevant to your industry or target market.
These are certainly not all the ways you can increase the number of Facebook Page likes, but is a great start to growing a fan base.
Author: Lori Thomas Dickert
I set up, manage, and maintain businesses social media networks, blog, and online reputation. I help establish trust in a business by building relationships which involves creating and managing engaging content.
Most businesses don’t have time to set up and run social networks like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, or a Blog (to name a few). That’s where I come in. As a Social Media Manager, I take care of all of your “Social” to give you the online presence you need in today’s world. In other words, I take social media off your to-do list and allow you to do what you do best — run your business.
Connect with me by clicking one of the social links below.